Over 43% of all road traffic fatalities in Africa are pedestrians and cyclists; this is largely because even through a greater majority of residents cannot afford beyond these modes of movement, mobility developments has been car focused. Whereas, some of the western cities that African cities are being patterned after have since realized that the car come with a huge cost and are developing policies and programs such as place making, car free days and weeks, cycling and or walking zones, implementation of mobility infrastructure and policies that are cycling and pedestrian focused, African cities seem to lag behind.
We have experience in providing advocacy, planning and design of cycling and pedestrian networks and infrastructure for private and public sector clients, policy development, studies and data management. In addition to strategy and infrastructure related work, we also provide guidance on appropriate behavioral measures that could increases in cycling and walking modal share in existing locations.
- NMT policy and Strategy development
- Behavioral modifications to enable increase in the modal share of Cycling and walking
- Pedestrian and cycle network and facility engineering feasibility studies, design and preparation of tenders
- Contract administration and the resolution of disputes
- Performance-based contracting
- Technical audit, design reviews
- Cyclist and pedestrian safety audit and data collection
- Project planning and procurement